The pursuit of beatitude

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Of this and that

So, we did catch that early morning show of that new movie I was dying to watch. And contrary to what I'd imagined, the show was house full! I mean, fine, it's a new movie with a huge starcast and popular songs and all that jazz, but seriously, I didn't know there would be so many more cheapos like me in the city who wouldn't mind getting up at 8 on a Saturday morning just to save some 70 bucks. Jeez! Does no one else have a life too? What happened to the famous Friday night party scene that the place is so famous for! And to further my notion that this is a town of misers, the next show at 11 was house full too. Yep.
Considering I had slept at 4:30 am(as usual) last night, I should have had some tough time getting up early today. Did I? Not at all. In fact, I was the first one to wake and get ready. If at all I'd showed just extreme devotion to the studying cause a few years ago in college, I would have done myself a world of good. You know, better grades, better paying job, more work to crib about and ultimately a weekend full of work too, leading to non-movie Saturdays. Er, I take my words back. I'm glad I saved my dedication to the correct cause.
I never gave it a serious thought before, but how many such things are there in this world for which I'd gladly give my sleep? Let me just try and list a few-

1) Movies. And there's no need to explain this one.
2) Novels. My personal(new) record stands for a continuous, I repeat, continuous 12 hours one night- 10 pm to next morning 10- for Angels and Demons. What else is surprising? It was a PDF. So, I was up allllll night long, and a little more, reading a book on comp that turned my eyes into buttons the following day. I feel so proud of myself! :D
3) Parties. Duh. This shouldn't need a mention, but since I'm not a big and obvious party-goer, I thought I should list this one, lest a few months down the line I forget the life I'd lead during my sunnier days.
4) Sickeness. Yes, since I'm one of the few constantly unwell(in mind or body or both) people I know personally, this is one of the major reasons why I stay up till late, days on end.
5) Fear of rats. Yes, thankfully my current flat is on the 6th floor where the rats don't reach(yet), but otherwise I have this slight phobia of those slimy, ugly, terryibly disgusting creatures. I just keep wondering all night long, if the rats are anywhere in the vicnity of my room, when they'll come and chop my ear off. I fear only this- rats chopping my ears off. Brrr.
6) TV. And no, I never watch anything- I hardly watch any show, not even the news. But I like to constantly fidget with my remote control and browse through those 100 channeds all night long. Trust me, I can browse all night long.

I hate to leave the list incomplete, but that's all I can think of right now.

4 Comments:

At November 16, 2008 at 2:00 AM , Blogger Kimmy said...

I think a savings of 70 bucks is well worth getting up early for!

 
At November 16, 2008 at 1:21 PM , Blogger beatnik said...

Especially when the movie turns out to be a dud, it is money well saved ;)

 
At November 17, 2008 at 6:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My personal(new) record stands for a continuous, I repeat, continuous 12 hours one night- 10 pm to next morning 10- for Angels and Demons. What else is surprising? It was a PDF.

Take a bow.

 
At November 17, 2008 at 7:30 PM , Blogger beatnik said...

*bows* ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home