The pursuit of beatitude

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Catching the 'Na' fever this November!

My writing a novel dream may finally be materialising, thanks to the NaNoWriMo thing. I feel glad to have got to know of both NaBloPoMo and NaNo.. for blogging regularly and starting off with that novel I wanted to write for so long were two things I'd been postponing for God knows how long. I lack inspiration, I used to tell myself. And lo and behold! Inspiration came my way in a very inspiring way.. er.. :D
Alright, I still don't have a good plot for my novella(let's face it, that's what it's gonna be, not a novel novel), but what the heck.. NaNo has a got a nice forum for me, with quite a few inspired and inspiring(how many times am I gonna use this word tonight?) fellow amateur writers, and it gets me motivated(yes! found a synonym :P ) everytime I read how much they've written already. We're even planning for a meet for the in-town writers once this crazy writing spree gets over.
I wish there were another similar platform for movies you know, something like watch one movie daily for the next one month, or something like that. I would looove to participate in that! Almost as if preparing for some such event, I'm gearing myself up. Starting last Thursday, I've watched one movie per day, both in hall and at home. The rental store guy even allows me to rent the CD on credit.. somehow it happens to me all the time. All these video rental guys seem to trust in the relatively new customer that is me, I wonder why. Or wait, it just struck me- is it because they know I'm going to shell out enough moolah to help them retire in a year? Damn, I need to watch my wallet! I can already smell something. Guess it's the burning hole in my pocket. Hmm.

2 Comments:

At November 10, 2008 at 12:48 AM , Blogger Secret Dreamer said...

So you're giving the whole NaNoWriMo thing a go. Good for you! I did actually consider it myself but realised that I just don't have the time or the motivation to actually get anywhere near succeeding so I didn't see the point in trying. I take my hat off to those who do give it a whirl though!

I love the idea of watching one movie a day for a month but again I just don't have the time. I have vowed to watch at least one movie a week though which is much more easily doable for me.

(The OpenID thing doesn't seem to be working, hence the reason why I've registered for a Blogger account.)

 
At November 10, 2008 at 1:23 AM , Blogger beatnik said...

Oh but you've no idea how difficult both the 'Na's are turning out to be. The daily blogging thing makes sure I get back home before 12 every night, no matter where I am- yesterday I decided to get myself excused from a friend's party just so I could post my daily entry! And today, since I am so lagging behind my self-imposed novel writing schedule, I had to think about what to write the whole time I was commuting/cooking/eating/bathing.. you get the drift. Argh!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home